Sunday, May 15, 2011

May Days



The month is half over--here are some of our happenings of May:

In case you were wondering..
Austin is still crazy about cantaloupe! ;)

I was able to attend Sandy's graduation (at the University of UT)
She has earned her PhD in nursing--this amazing woman will never fail to astound me!
I love this pic of her & Alisa. (And while events such as these make me miss Jessie so bad)..it was So Great to see them. I'm blessed to have such wonderful life-long friends!

I like to make Leka's teacher's a lei for Teacher Appreciation Day. She Really likes her teacher, Mrs. Wilson, this year & first grade has been a good experience for her :) ...I decided to do a flower lei this year--half way through I decided to make half of it a ribbon lei 'cause it was Really poofy!

Leka's school had their carnival fundraiser...It was super fun taking the kids!
The Loved the big bouncy slide & obstacle course ..and Austin did really good at the balloon-darts...Leka knocked over all the cans at the throwing booth. (Bring on T-Ball! ;)

And face-painting is always fun

Kind of a blurry photo...but this is our (obviously) homemade bird feeder that is visited frequently. Brigham City is famous (or at least claims to be) for being next to a big migratory bird refuge--I don't know if that has to do with this, but we always have lots of Really Pretty birds in our backyard...lots of robins, big beautiful bluebirds, pretty little yellow, orange & red birds, etc.

I don't have pics (Nase recorded videos on his phone..) but this month was Discovery Elementary's Patriotic Music Program. The program I've been working toward for months--the biggest even of my career as a music teacher this year.
These are just pics of me after the program...I dressed up my fav. red maternity top with stars.
I was worried about the program because instead of being in the high school auditorium as originally planned it was moved to the high school gym...Not a good place for a music program--enough seating for everyone, but poor acoustics, parents sitting far away from the performing students & that big gym just muffled their voices. After our practice there I stressed over & over to them that they were going to have to sing Loud with big, strong voices.
Well, all anxiety considered, it went really well!! The kids sang really good & I think the song choices were right for the program (Nase & my coworkers have all told me so anyway :) ..it's really nice when all your hard work is appreciated! I've had the opportunity of teaching at a great school this year! I am sad that I won't be going back next year (& I hate giving this disappointing answer to the teachers who ask), but with a newborn along with my 2 little rascals it will be Much better to be home with them. (It's even been quite a challenge teaching part-time with a 4 & 6 year old!)

Anyway...big sigh of relief! I have been looking forward to May 10th (& being Done!)...I still have 2 more performances this month (this job has had a Ton of performances to prepare for), but they're easy-going ones. I'm having the kids sing fun camp songs :)
Looking forward to summer!!

Moving on...I brought a ukulele home from my instrument closet; Nase's been playing it & remembered he has some skills & likes to play. So he bought himself a really nice one off KSL & has been toting it around & plunking out ditties.

Yesterday we went for a picnic...went to Mantua--close & really pretty there. A lot of people had the same idea 'cause the picnic/fire-pit areas at the mtn. foothills were all taken. We decided to go to the park, which turned out great...we had it all to ourselves & had a lot of fun there!
(As you can see it was kind of windy, but still nice.)
Someone had left a red rubber ball so we borrowed it to play a little volleyball--here's Nase teaching Austin how to serve.
Leka absolutely Loved the cute little baby calves across the fence & spent a lot of time over by them.
(I love this picture...it just says Spring to me :)


*And I don't have pics, but I had a great Mother's Day. Leka, who went shopping w/her dad spilled the beans & said that they were going to get me a Wii game but couldn't find a good one so they got me a card :) ;) ...Which they did, but Nase also got me some really pretty jewelry--a butterfly necklace & matching jewelry-watch. The kids woke up before us & got they're dad up to help them make me breakfast in bed. They brought it in & said: "Happy Birthday" lol =D Mother's day is so fun w/little ones in the home!

2 comments:

Jaymerz said...

Glad your music program went well!! Only a few more weeks until summer, woohoo!!

Kimberly said...

Good post. Sounds like you had a great last half of May! :-) I love the pic of Leka and the calf too.