Saturday, September 17, 2011

Austin's Turn



Finally Austin's turn to go to school, and he is loving preschool!
He has a good teacher & set up; they go on fieldtrips monthly--which I'm excited about I love being able to go on those w/the kiddos.

Tui's a smart guy, my bigger concern is his shyness, which he has done really well overcoming. He's come out of his shell a bit, and even his first day he did really well when I dropped him off. It helped that there was a box of hotwheels luring him in...he waited until the kid playing at them moved on before he went over to it, but when I left he gave me a fist bump, smile & wave good-bye. (I didn't think I was going to be sad, but that would be inevitable I guess--still a little choked up when I drove away.)

When I picked him up his first day I asked him how it was & he responded w/a very enthusiastic "FUN!!" When I asked him if he made any friends he responded w/a flat "No." lol - Glad he still had a lot of fun w/in his comfort zone :)

I'm happy about the first friend he's made because this kid needs a friend...a cute chubby guy that's always crying & clinging to his parent or grandparent when they drop him off. (Aww.)

I haven't had a nap yet Tues-Th from 12:15-2:30...but it is nice to have quiet time w/just Jax :)


(He picked out this Tom & Jerry shirt himself :)

(In other school news I'm volunteering to help w/the music time for Leka's class--her school doesn't have a music teacher. Although when I went in last Friday it wasn't just her class it was the 2nd & 3rd grade & the teachers let me run the entire 40 min's myself...and that's Ok, I loved it :) ...and it's such fun to be involved w/your child's class--taking advantage of the time when they are happy to have their parent been seen w/them in school :)


No comments: