Thursday, January 21, 2010

Barbie Dresses

One of Leka's favorite thing to do is dress up Barbies & princess dolls. A couple weeks ago she kept begging & begging me to make her a Barbie dress (she has a bunch but really wanted one more for her mix, I guess).
I'm no great seamstress so I just made a little outfit out of ribbon. Leka picked out & glued the beads on.
(Really 80's!!)

As you can see, it's good enough to make Leka really happy...

...But I was thinking I need to get out the sewing machine & some patterns & see if I could possibly make dresses slightly resembling the fancy shmancy ones.


But then a package came in the mail...
Sammy had sent Leka a bunch of fun Barbie dresses!--And what's even neater about the dresses is that my Granma chrochetted them for my little sister, Annie when she was about Leka's age.
They're super cute!

These are a few of them:
Thanks for passing on the Barbie dresses, Sammy.
(And I have to admit, I'm kind of Ok with keeping my seamstress goals as a 'Someday' at this point...Maybe by Halloween I'll get to it :)



2 comments:

dcscrivy said...

Those dresses are really cute, that is neat that your grandma made them. I want to learn how to crochet, I am teaching myself to knit, the baby cocoon was an experiment. I was happy with it though, so when you are ready for one, just let me know!

Jaymerz said...

Glad she likes them!! I knew that Leka would play with them more than my girls do.