Sunday, August 22, 2010

Poor Buddy!!

Austin is allergic to mosquitoes & wasps--Especially when they sting him right by the eye!!

-Poor Guy!...He was So sad to look at!
As bad as it looks, it (thankfully) wasn't hurting him Too bad...mainly he was annoyed the he could only open/see out one eye.

I got ahold of my cousin, PJ, who's a paramedic & asked him how much Benadryl I could give to Austin--I kept giving him doses every 5 hrs, but it just didn't seem to be helping--by night his eye was just looking quite bad so I took him into the 24 hr pediatric clinic in Layton (one of my concerns moving up to Brigham City was not being close to 24 hr Wee Care--I've had Austin into the Dr's so many late nights for all kinds of things...But I made it there in just under 30 min's--not bad at all.) --The Dr. gave him a prescription for children's Calratin & a steroid that would take the swelling down...it worked pretty well, started taking the swelling down right away & was gone by the end of the next day. --Interesting enough, the Doc said he'd just seen a kid for the same thing(!)...Dang wasps!! We need to find em all & kill em all... hard to get All of 'em, but till we do we keep Austin out of the sandbox where they seem to be the worst!

1 comment:

Jaymerz said...

wasps are awful, poor guy!!