Monday, November 29, 2010

Aloha!


In October I took my first Solo trip since I've become a wife & mother--and to the Perfect place: HAWAII!!

I was there for just over a week--stayed w/my Awesome cousins...seeing them was just as great as visiting Hawaii again! -We left Hawaii in 2005 & hadn't been back since...it was especially great to go there on vacation this time--no work, school, or real life! :)

I was pretty much able to cram all my Hawaii fun into that week & go to all the places I wanted to--Lucky Me!
Thanks Nase for sending me (we've been trying to go as a family for quite a while, but it's Too spendy!) -And a big thanks to my little sis, Annie for watching my kiddos during the day!
~~~~~~~~

Just landed--me & my best girls, Mandy & Krtystal...look at the pretty lei they got me!
Royal Hawaiian Hotel--first one there on Wakiki Beach
My Aunt Sarah & adorable cousin Courtney...we went to Cheesecake Factory for lunch after they picked me up :)

Ok, so before I get into the Beautiful Paradise pictures--here's a little taste of real Hawaii...there's a lot of Ghetto places there (of course I wasn't there to visit those--just thought this was a good depiction of a lot of the neighborhoods there(!)

Now that's more like it!!

At North Shore--Best side of the island!
Me & Mr. Turtle (Turtle Beach, aka Lani's)

I arrived at the Perfect time of year--not too hot, monsoon season hadn't hit yet, but the waves had gotten big!

I can't claim the credit for taking this pic--but we did walk around the beautiful Laie Temple grounds a couple times.
It was still being renovated when I was there, but was just rededicated a couple weeks ago.

Something I always had wanted to do--went up the the ancient Hawaiian Heiau (temple/ceremonial place) ...cute Mandy in front.
There's a hike up there that takes you to a Breath-Taking view of Waimea Bay!

For some Halloween fun my cousins & I went to the Haunted Lagoon at the PCC (Polynesian Cultural Center)
It was Really fun, Really well done! :)
Mandy & I went to the Luau and Night Show at PCC

Went boogie boarding at my favorite spot to ride the waves--Malaekahana...Mike's even cooler he came w/his surfboard!
Ahhh...toes in the sand!

My favorite beach in the whole world--Gorgeous Pounders Beach!!
(The waves were way huger than this pic shows them.)
Another favorite beach of mine
We didn't have the boogie boards so we just body surfed...for Hours--our sinuses were Full of Salt & our swimsuits full of Sand!...Love it :)


Went to Hukilau Cafe w/my guys, Mike & David...We were grubbin!

I was there on my birthday...Picked my Favorite Hawaiian activity--Snorkeling!!
Me & Krys under water

Under water camera...we saw SO many brilliant tropical fish! Along with a turtle, eel & octopus! (I didn't capture them all on camera, but they're permanently photographed in my brain!)

I'd always gone to Sharks Cove before so this time I wanted to check out Hanauma Bay...Incredible place to snorkel--Beautiful spot on the island!!

And that evening we went to my Favorite restaurant in the whole wide world--Dukes! Right on Wakiki beach--the food is good, but the atmosphere can't be beat!
(our little buddy in front is a special needs boy my cousins have worked with for years)

My Aunt got me the prettiest lei--my favorite flowers, pink & yellow Plumerias!
(trying it as a head wrap here :)

My last day there I said, Ok--I'm not leaving this place w/out having my favorite Hawaiian treats first!
Motsumoto's Shave Ice--can't be matched!
...And Leonard's Malasada's--practically their own food group! The custard filled ones--words fail me! ;)
I bought a box right before I went to the airport & caught my red-eye home...we had them for breakfast back here in chilly Utah. --Must've reminded Nase how much he likes them cause ever since he's been trying to master the recipe for them himself--he's come pretty close! :)

ALOHA

No comments: