Sunday, February 27, 2011

Baby Wave 2011

A lot of babies are being born in 2011--I think between cousins & friends of mine I know 10 who are due this year or have a new baby they just brought home...

Well, we are happy to announce that we're riding the same baby wave.
Baby 'Aho coming July 2011!!


We are, of course, so happy about this new addition coming--we've been trying for quite a while (about a year) to catch the baby wave.
A little info about baby-to-be:

  • I'm 20 weeks along now--half way through!
  • My due date is July 16th...not the most convenient date since our anniversary is July 17th, Leka's B-Day is July 20th (& my nephew, Hunter's B-Day is July 18th)...Leka says she's Ok, with sharing her birthday--of course if baby comes the 19th we'll just have one big celebration bonanza from the 17th to the 20th :) ...My track record doesn't indicate me delivering early--probably more like a week late. I think the 24th would be a good b-day cause here they always have fireworks & a parade on July 24h, Pioneer Day :)
  • No, I don't know what we're having...you'll just have to wait as well (but not all the way til baby's born--just for a month...I get a 4-D ultrasound Mar 23rd.)
  • Austin wants a baby brother named Barricade (: I think that's one of the Transformers)...He's already nicknamed him(?) Barrie & is calling him that :)
  • Leka wants a sister named Lagoona :) ...though, I don't think Goona is as cute of a nickname as Barrie ;)
  • I'll be honest, it's been a fairly rough pregnancy--I get bad nausea every pregnancy, but this has been the worst :/ ...That finally tapered off, but was replaced with mega leg pain. (I don't mind so much the 20 lbs I lost from the involuntary anorexia/bulimia ;)
But really I can't complain at all--we are just so blessed to be able to add this 5th member to our family!


(check out this latest Austinism about baby news: http://lekaustin.blogspot.com/2011/02/baby-news.html)


6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations! So happy for yoU!

dcscrivy said...

Congrats, that is so very exciting! I am sorry that you get so sick, but am glad you are doing better!

Mandy said...

That's awesome! Congratulations!! I hope you start feeling better soon. I love the names the kids have picked out.

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so excited for you; this is the best news ever!!!
20 weeks along and you were able to keep it quite for that long! :) Shout it from the roof top baby!!!!
Oh Katie dear is there anything I can do for you? I wish I was your next door neighbor and could just be there to help whenever you needed it!
I am sorry you are not feeling well and I hope you feel better soon! You are in my prayers darling girl!!! Do you have any premonitions on the sex of the baby yet? It will cool to see if your kids will know soon!
I feel like the worst friend ever, I have been doing one of my no FB or blogging breaks and then when I get on there is the most exciting news!!!! Forgive me for not responding sooner!:(
Oh you must all be so excited! It is going to be so fun getting the babies room ready!
I love you so much and thank you for sharing this FANTASTIC news! I love you so much!

Unknown said...

Congrats to you! Feeling sick is the worst- so hooray for feeling better. We just had a 4D ultrasound and the baby looks like he totally belongs in the family. I can't believe what you can see on those. Have fun.

Unknown said...

I'm signed in as Joel. Duh.
-Becca