Actually this is Febrary--January (since, you know--Blogger uploads pics backwards).
We have sure been enjoying these few days of heavenly weather in the 50's! Yucky winter returns tomorrow, but we were really able to enjoy the warm break we had!
We did Valentine's Day in this year--I made heart shaped pizzas.
Custom--Nase & I had our fav, buffalo chicken w/white sauce & fresh tomatoes.
Austin likes pepperoni & white sauce, and Leka just likes cheese & classic tomato sauce.
The dough was actually easier to shape than I'd anticipated--I might have to do shaped pizzas more often.
Heart shaped mini brownies
So the kids went to bed w/out banana spits (after all the candy & goodies they'd already ingested I didn't want them slipping into sugar comas)...I should have done likewise, because Cupid's aim was off--instead of shooting me in the heart he got me in the gut & I ended up w/a bad tummy ache & throwing up all that banana split(!)...Other than that, it was a fun V-Day, tho.
Leka's school has Best Dress Day on Valentine's--she went to school looking quite cute that day :)
All the loot she brought home.
(when I was a kid it was mainly cards & maybe one of those gross candygram hearts stuffed in the mini envelope!)
I like Valentine's Day--rather than Just for sweethearts I think it's a day to celebrate w/all those you Love. My parents always got us a little something--I like to do the same for the kids :)
The Saturday before Valentine's Day we got together w/my bro's family--it was superb weather & we made the most of it!
Robby must've been reading my mind 'cause I had just been thinking how fun it would be to make potato guns--when they came up he'd brought his. Then he & Nase built two more...
Those suckers were pretty powerful--they were splattering to smithereens on our shed.
Made me a little nervous that we might be splattering spuds all over our neighbors, but I also thought it would be fun to go where we could really shoot them full-range...
So we headed out to Willard Bay...we were actually able to hit the top of that pavilion a football field's distance away (last I checked it's still legal to feed the seagulls ;)
Our original plan was ice fishing at Mantua Res--however on Fri. Nase & I decided to drive by & check if the ice was still thick enough...not one ice fisher out there, which meant it wasn't safe conditions--there are usually quite a few people ice fishing on a Fri. afternoon.
Still--when Rob threw this big rock onto Willard Bay & the ice actually broke the rock...we figured it was safe to venture out onto the ice a Little Ways.
This kids got a chance at shooting the guns.
What fun you can have w/a bag of potatoes!
They had a great time running around the beach & finding shells
The icy shore break looked really cool
It was a Beautiful sunset over the frozen lake!
A Beautiful day in general!
When we came back from the Lake we made the yummiest otai & bbq'ed chicken--ate till we were good & stuffed :)
On Feb. 5th we went to Sammy's baptism...it was really neat.
It was a fun weekend--we also went out shooting skeet & had a superbowl party.
Pretty Skies/Mountains!
I only had my camera on me when we went out shooting.
I happened to have a saucer sled w/us--Tommy went down the hill, but I failed to photograph the best part when he flipped over the little gulch at the bottom...then landed on his feet :)
Leka & Sammy sat in the truck & colored her Hello Kitty bag.
Flingin & shootin' & shootin' & flingin :) ...(my shoulder was sore after(!)
Dad helping Austin & Hunter shoot the 22
Dad shot a clay pigeon w/the 22(!)
In Feb Austin went to his first b-day party that just he was invited to--it was a pirate party :)
He has a hook from Halloween, but he didn't bring it
Leka loves it when her class earns a pajama party!...I had to take a picture here because this time of her missing 2 front teeth & wanting to wear piggy tails won't last much longer :)
In Jan. Leka was a winner in the Reflections Contest for this photo she took!
She won $5 & a pass to the planetarium imax theater. At the district level she got honorable mention (only 1 entry moves onto state).

2 comments:
Wow, you have been busy. What do you put on your buffalo chicken pizza? That sounds really good. Good job to Leka on her pic, it is a good one. BTW, you could never drag me out onto that frozen ice on the bay, I am scared of drowning, especially in freezing cold water!
Wow these are fantastic pictures; you guys have had a lot going on!
I love your Valentine dinner that looked so yummy and super festive!
Your kids are too adorable, I swear they are growing up so fast.
Spud guns at Willard Bay now that sounds like a good time! Laws against feeding rat birds aka Seagulls? I am sure they were grateful to have a potato dinner!
It must be so fun to have Rob and his family back in Utah. Your kids must love having cousins around!
Way to go Leka; winning a Reflections contest!!! Beautiful photograph!!!
Great pirate costume Austin; birthday parties are the best!
Love you bunches!
Post a Comment