Jaxtin Mala'e 'Aho
9lbs, 5oz.
21.5 in.
Fri, July 29 - 9:46 pm
(: Beautiful & Perfect in every way :)
Bath Time
Leka is a good, sweet, helpful sister & loves holding her brother.
Austin was beside himself when he got to hold his baby brother for the first time!
I Love his head full of curly hair!!
(And a big head it is--99th percentile(!)...that was some Serious pushing to get him here!)
Precious Angel
Born w/some good cheeks & thighs on him :)
profile
Chunker!
(of course, then once he's in his carseat he looks tiny!)
Grampa drove all night to come see his grandson
My 3 Amigos
Took a lot to get him here & he was worth every second! We were trying to get pregnant for quite a while, then it was a fairly rough pregnancy, a fairly rough labor--went a week over & had to get induced, not my favorite way to go..felt like I had to push when I was only dilated to 7cm, but from his ultrasounds we knew he had a big head so I was definitely not trying to get him out til I was a full 10(!)...So I breathed through those contractions--fortunately it only took an hr. to get from 7-10 (took 8 hrs to get from 2-7). There is a reason it's called 'labor' - that was some hard work to get him out! (& yes, I now have some recovering to do!) -But he's beautiful, perfect, sweet & I just Love Him, Love Him, Love Him! (we all do!) :)
My mom was a Huge help--took care of the kids, house & meals. Also had Nase home for a week after Jaxtin was born...I was really glad to have all the help--I caught a bad cold the day after I got home from the hospital (from being run down probably), baby caught my cold a few days later :( :( ...but not a really bad cold, just a little one, but still--that is just not fair for a new, tiny baby! -And of course just like Leka & Austin he had jaundice. I was so relieved when the Dr. said he would come out of the jaundice w/out needing the bilibed (And that we wouldn't have to prick his precious little heel anymore to test his biliruben levels!) -He's pretty much recovered from his cold, but has lingering congestion, which is so sad when he's trying to nurse & gets frustrated from being stuffy :(
But he is a big, healthy, beautiful boy and we are so blessed to have this new addition to our family!
(a note on his name: Jaxtin wasn't even on our list, but we hadn't made a final decision on his name...when I was in labor the nurse brought in the birth certificate forms--as we mused on names Jaxtin came up & we Finally had a name we both liked best :)

3 comments:
Congrats Katie! He looks like he fits in. Hope all goes well with the adjustment to 3. It was my easiest to get used to. He's so cute!
Congrats!! We are so excited for you guys! Hope all is going well!
I love Jaxtin (him and the name). So glad he's here!
Post a Comment