On Thursday we went to the Living Planet Aquarium with my aunt, my cousins & my cousin's kids (not sure if that makes them 2nd or 3rd cousins to my kids--either way, they had a blast!!)

They have all kinds of cool aquatic creatures...
Electric Eel

...crocs
...Here's a little water dog.
The tropical fish made me want to go snorkeling in Hawaii--that was always one of my favorite things to do over there!!--I even went snorkeling when I was 9 mo's pregnant (3 days past due, actually) with Leka! :)
(well, not with Leka, with my mom--but pregnant with Leka--I'm sure you figured that out, though.)

A great place for learning & inquisitive little minds (not to mention busy little fingers!)
This little sting ray was So cute!--if I had a fancy aquarium I would want one.

This little thing was so cute, too ;) :)

Austin had this look of wonderment at the shark tank.

(Duh-Duh..)

The coolest exhibit is the one where you could pet the sting rays(!)...Austin was content to just watch them.
Leka got in on the action.
I didn't know octopuses (octopi?)..were so gross looking :p

Still cool, though.

My adorable Aunt Gigi.

The Jellyfish were definitely very cool!!

One good thing about the aquarium is season passes aren't too spendy (the cost of two admissions)--and they'll let you visit it first then if you decide to get a pass you just pay the 2nd half--if we lived closer (it's almost 40 miles) we'd probably get them. --But if you haven't been I'd definitely suggest it.

Here's Austin describing the Jelly Fish
One good thing about the aquarium is season passes aren't too spendy (the cost of two admissions)--and they'll let you visit it first then if you decide to get a pass you just pay the 2nd half--if we lived closer (it's almost 40 miles) we'd probably get them. --But if you haven't been I'd definitely suggest it.




2 comments:
That looks like so much fun!! I may have to take the kids there.
How fun! And way cute pictures. I'll have to take Courtney and Connor there sometime.
Post a Comment