Monday, April 5, 2010

Snowy Easter Fools!


Here is some of our latest fun here at our new place:

Easter Egg Hunt
(I'd prefer a privacy fence behind us--someday...hopefully when those vines grow in it'll be a little more like that.)

Wooaaah...
...Got it!

Go, go, go!...

Counting up the eggs...checking out the loot inside--thanks for putting together the fun egg hunt, Grandma!
Cute Easter Bunnies :)

I found these fun cake mixes at Smiths that come with fun kids' fondant pictures to put on them--decided I'd better make this one...
Since I was planning on doing this to my kids on April Fool's Day :D
Fancy Log Cake (aka frosted roll of toilet paper!)

video of the practical joke:


We love dyeing eggs!

...Well, it's a good thing we got all these festivities in before This happened!
Crazy April snow storm tonight!...up to 8 inches last time I checked--probably be a foot by morning!

Won't be riding those anytime soon!

I hope spring arrives by Leka's spring break next week!

...As for the move, we're doing good--really liking our place & liking Brigham City. Almost unpacked, then I'll have some organizing to do & I've come to decide we will never be done with projects (guess that's the home-owner's blessing/curse (!)...But Hopefully we have just a few of the more urgent ones, then ones that can be done in time. I wish I'd taken before pic's--I'm quite pleased with a lot of the fixer-upper things we've done :)

(PS, should be getting a new computer soon, so hopefully I can post more regularly)

4 comments:

The Boulter Family said...

I love your pictures Katie! You have the best back yard; it is just fantastic! As far as a privacy fence you can plant lilac bushes or some sort of shrubbery.
I love your April Fools day cake; you are the most clever girl. The video is hilarious!
Can you believe this weather! I don't remember having so much snow on Easter before. Poor Easter bunny must have had to buy snow boots!

I love and miss you; hopefully soon we can get together....weather permitting. If you need help with anything just let me know. I would gladly help you unpack!
p.s. I hope you get to go camping for Spring break. Call the campgrounds before you go and reserve. We drove all the way to Goblin which is in the middle of no where got there late and they said oh sorry our camp site is full. Luckily Mom was all ready there and they let us put a tent up in her camp site. However not too far is a beautiful campsite in Capitol Reef. Check this one out too!

Kimberly said...

Oh my gosh, the toilet paper cake is HILARIOUS! I may steal that some day. Your backyard looks SO fun! How exciting!

Melanie said...

I love the cake. It's a great idea! I am so glad you are liking your new home. When is the party you are hosting so we can come see! :)

Amanda said...

It looks like you had a great Easter! I can't believe you had April snow and we didn't! Haven't had snow since February. And people ask why I live in SD! :)