Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bullet Bitten!

Well, we did it--Leka got her shots & I turned in her Kindergarten registration papers!

Her Kindergarten check-up was a Nightmare!...and not even so much because of the shots--it took over 2 hrs. & should've only taken 20-30 mins.

I thought I'd take her to a different clinic than I usually do--they're both "Wee Care Pediatrics" this is just a smaller & closer one--I did this because I figured she wouldn't know she was at the Dr's office at first, having never been there, & that would delay the freakouts a bit--which it did, but that was the only good thing... We were waiting in the lobby for 45 minutes, and I don't know How they call themselves Pediatrics because the lobby had No toys, No movies...Nothing to keep kids occupied--they had Real plants & trees & a bunch of big chairs--Leka & Austin just wanted to climb all over the chairs & play in the plants the whole time.

Then when we finally got in the Dr's office we waited for another 30 minutes (I think this clinic only has one Dr, plus the patient before us had to be transported by ambulance--hence I was in a small room full of medical supplies with rambunctious kids for half an hour.)

When Leka finally got her check-up it went well (she's in the 50th percentile for weight & 75th for height...she can see & hear fine & is healthy) -- She did freak out at shot time, but the nurses were really quick, so we got it over with fast, then took Leka to pick out whatever kind of ice cream she wanted to buffer the cruelness :)
No lingering trauma today--and best of all, now her 5th birthday doesn't have to be tainted by shots!

As for me & my trauma of sending my baby off to school, I am coping :) ;) ..The Dr told me something encouraging about starting her early--that when girls are Too old for their grade they might mature earlier than a lot of their peers, and that can be a struggle, too. -And that the main concern with starting school is if they're socially ready--Oh, socially Leka is Set! :) -So if she's ready, I will try to be ready, too :) (On the days that she & Austin are tearing the house apart together I feel pretty ready to send her off, lol :) --Oh, and I met her teacher to be & the office assistant & they are Really Sweet (that makes me feel better :)


(I thought this was an appropriate picture for the biting the bullet & sending your baby off to kindergarten :)



4 comments:

Mandy said...

You must have went to the Kaysville Wee Care clinic!!! I've been there too and had the same experience!!! It's SOOO frustrating!!! I'm glad that you (and Leka) survived though and that the shots weren't as bad as expected. And I'm really glad Leka got ice cream after wards, that's the best part!

Melanie said...

I am glad it went well. James does well, but he is small enough we can hold him down. Can't imagine how it will go when he is 5!

Anonymous said...

At least it's over with. It'd be funny if she said "Da Do" after lol. Thanks for commenting on my cute pics post. :) The picture of Austin and Leka in the arm floaties comes up when you call me. (you know, the one where Austin is bein buff and Leka is posing like a princess.)

Amanda said...

I can't believe she'll be starting school next year! Wow she's growing up! And don't worry about her being young. I was a young one like her and I had no problems. (I have an August birthday) Can't wait to see you guys soon!