Usually when Nase leaves town for work it's a major bummer for me and the kids...BUT, this week's been a Great one!!
Since Nase had to go on a weekend trip, he had Friday & Monday off before he went & we had a really fun long weekend as a family. And the day after he left my family came up & we had all kinds of fun!!
Since Nase had to go on a weekend trip, he had Friday & Monday off before he went & we had a really fun long weekend as a family. And the day after he left my family came up & we had all kinds of fun!!
The Thanksgiving Point Dino Museum is very impressive! -Lives up to its title of largest dino museum in the world...there are tons of dinosaurs & prehistoric creatures set in neat exhibits! -The price was a little steep (I think if I lived near-by I might buy passes)...but it was worth it!




Here's Austin's favorite exhibit!








I'm going to have to go back to Hobby Lobby for ribbon--they have great half-off sales...And see if I can attempt some more complicated bows (although I do love the simple little botique bows).



The had a B-17 and a B24 Bomber that my Grandpa flew in WWII (although my camera died & I didn't get pics)... he trained for only 9 mo's then flew 30-some missions over Germany.




It made Leka pretty nervous, though--see how she's clinging on to me!

This was my favorite!--cool to see a full-sized Brachiosaurus skeleton--it's Huge! (I never stopped being a dinosaur nerd :)

Looking at this made me wonder if I've ever picked up a pottery shard & it was actually a piece of a dinosaur egg :) ...there are dino fossils & footprints down by blanding.


I wasn't all that impressed with the Clark Planetarium--although it was free, so I can't complain (don't like it, get your money back! haha) -I think the kids would be more interested if they were older (and if we went to the Imax movie--but it we were being cheapies.)
Although the kids did have fun walking on the moon...

...and on Mars

...and watching the gizmo that all the balls rolled on.

And I was able to find the island--Waimea Bay here I come!!

(Ok, if you don't watch LOST you won't get it--but I had to put that in for those who do :)
And I took up a new hobby last weekend...one I've been wanting to try out.

These hair flowers & bows were really easy & I think they turned out quite cute. --They cost a lot in stores, but for all the craft materials that went into these (flowers, beads, ribbon, clips & baretts, glue gun & glue sticks, and craft wire) I didn't spend more than 20 bucks; and I had a lot left over after making these.

I don't know if I'll try to start selling these hair flowers & bows--for now Leka will just get cute hair accessories out of it.
when my family came up we went to the Draper Temple open house & my Mom & I went to the Salt Lake Temple (both temples are SO beautiful!); while Grandpa took Leka & Austin to Cabela's (or the Deer Museum as they call it :)
We had some beautiful spring weather & had a picnic, and even tried a few casts at Farmington Pond--we only had power bait & mini mallows and the fish were only hungry for night crawlers, so no luck.
(I don't know how the fish can resist the power bait--I know if I brought sparkly, brightly coloered play-doh that smells like food to my nursery class all the kids would try a bite! :)
We also went to Hill Aerospace museum--the had some new planes & exhibits from the last time I'd been there--this was one of my favorites:

A big rock--pretty cool, huh? -- No, actually this is a piece of the white cliffs of Dover--American & British air-crews returning from missions over Nazi Germany saw these bright white cliffs on the shore of England--a welcome sight, I'm sure!!
The had a B-17 and a B24 Bomber that my Grandpa flew in WWII (although my camera died & I didn't get pics)... he trained for only 9 mo's then flew 30-some missions over Germany.(My other Grandpa was in the Navy & stationed at Pearl Harbor--but was not there when it was bombed--he was fortunate to go there right after the war ended.)
And this was the type of Hughie Helicopter my Dad was a door-gunner for in Vietnam--he told us the story of the time he fell out(!)...a bolt came loose & he fell out gun & all--but his saftety strap caught him & he was Ok (and he even managed to keep holding on to the gun :)

And here's the kiddos all tuckered out after such a fun week!!


Annnnd then after their long nap they were wired up & ready to go again!--I and I was very glad that I only had a day of handling them solo before Nase gets home!

(Especially because Austin's been sick & very whiny :p ..I feel bad for the guy, but it gets old having him wake up every hour of the night, cough & whine, then roll over on top of my head & go back to sleep :p -- He can sleep on top of Nase's head tonight!! - (Or hopefully he'll be feeling better & be willing to sleep in his own bed.)

3 comments:
I was going to ask if you had sucsessfully located the island, haha. Looks like lots of fun, and the hair bows are adorable!!
"I need my medicine!" or "Mama, I sick." or "I don't need my 'haler."
He's so cute when he's sick lol
The bows you are making are so much fun!!! Way adorable; you should sale them!
How fun would it be to make headbands with flowers on them; I would so wear them.
Post a Comment