Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Freak-Out Week :p

#1. I am freaking out a bit because it's Kindergarten registration time & my Baby is growing up & going to School (pre-school was just practice--this is real school!)...I think I'm also having a hard time with it because Leka is so young for her grade--she'll only turn 5 a month before school starts...She's ready & I think she'll do fine, but I still find myself thinking maybe I need to keep her with me one more year.


#2. Leka is going to Seriously freak out tomorrow because her worst nighmare is coming--shots!! -- I stopped by the Dr's today just to make sure the kids' immunization records were up to date, and she flipped out the second we turned into the parking lot. I don't know why Leka has such a hard time with shots (I mean I wouldn't expect a 4-year-old to be calm about it...but Leka tells me she doesn't want to turn 5 and have a birthday--because kids get shots when they turn 5) well, tomorrow we will be biting the bullet! - And she has to get 4!! :-o ..Oh, wish me luck! (Dr, can we get a chill-pill please?!)



5 comments:

dcscrivy said...

Ouch, good luck, I am definitely not looking forward to that. Keep us posted.

curtandheather said...

Hey, I was one of the youngen's and I survived!! I didn't mind being the youngest of the class, I had a couple of friends that were older and they just drove me around. Good luck on the shots tomorrow :)

The Boulter Family said...

How did shot day go? Did the treats and bandaids help at all? Darn nab it...to get four shots! That is just no fun. I know that shots are great in the sense that they prevent us from getting things a whole lot worse the the initial shot. However try to explain that to a little one. I wish there was a less painful way to get the vaccines! Like when Charlie had croup they asked if I wanted them to give him a shot or have him take a medicine that he drank. Ah the one you can drink please!
I feel for you and your apprehensions of Leka going into kindergarten. She is going to do awesome; she is such a smart and mature five year old! When you were in school did they teach things to look for that indicates if a child is ready for certain things? I know that there was no way Charlie would have been ready for preschool this year. Boys and girls are so different. When I taught Charlie's Sunbeam class I was amazed at the difference. It was a learning experience for me.
I hope today went well and that it is over! Tell Leka that she is one brave girl!

Mandy said...

I hope things went well for you and for Leka today!! Shots are not fun but aren't we glad to have them so we don't get sick! We'll have to get the kids together sometime. I hope spring will come soon so we can be outside again!

Melanie said...

How did they go?