Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lagoon Trail

It was such a beautiful spring day--perfect weather...I decided to finally go check out the Lagoon Trail I've heard about--It's a nice paved trail that runs behing Lagoon & it's such a pretty, fun walk!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's Leka trying (maybe a little too hard :) to look cute

Running down the path
There are buffalo & elk along the trail

Cute Pic :) -- Buddies

"Cheeeeeeeeeze!!"
Making dandelion wishes



Baby buffalo--so cute!

Hey Buddy

Leka drew a picture of a buffalo after our hike tonight :)
(are those buffalo pies on the bottom? :)


Someone put a gnome up in the tree...funny (but maybe a little creepy, too).(I could tell Austin thought it was creepy--because trying to sound like a tuff guy & reasure himself, he told me "That's not creepy, it's just a nice little pet.")



They were also unsure about standing in the creepy hollowed out tree.
..............
Here's what Austin looks like when I don't let him push the stroller.

(Which, of coures, I brought to push him in--but I was glad I did because by the time we decided to turn around and go back, he was done with walking...Leka on the other hand--can't keep up with her!!)
....................................



Robin's egg--they're so pretty!...Leka was going to bring it to show & tell, but we lost it on the way back :(

See em?...A goose, eh?

Leka Loves rollie-pollies! (I called them potato bugs as a kid)




It's So pretty back there...suddenly I felt like Anne of Green Gables.
(If you've read or watched the series--you'll know that her friend in the mirror was Katie Maurice (which Anne pronounced "Morris")...which is My Name! (or used to be) :) --I thought that was cool when I was a kid!)
.....................
I liked these tulips by the barbed wire--it's a pretty contrast.
Yes, we picked one (very naughty)...it had already bloomed & flopped over anyway.
What's there to do on a Wednesday night after LOST is over?...Mess around on Photoshop, I guess :)







2 comments:

katy said...

Ooh, it looks beautiful back there! Your kids are adorable, as always. I love that it's finally feeling spring-ish...somewhat. :) It's still pretty chilly in Idaho, but at least there hasn't been snow for the last week! Thanks for the pre-wedding email, by the way! The wedding was great and being married is like a million times better than being single. :)

dcscrivy said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I have never heard of that trail. I love the pic of the two kids with Leka's arm around Austin, that is too precious. I forgot to tell you how much I LOVE his haircut, it is so cute, I wish Easton's hair was thick enough to do something like that, but it is not happening yet.