I am somewhat of a sentimental fool...I also love the de-junked feeling that comes after tossing a bunch of crap. Well, when we moved I definitely got rid of a bunch of crap, but I also tossed 2 items that I'd been holding onto for years & decided just should not move with us.
First item (gasp), yes my wedding bouquet...which I'd had nearly 7 years.
How could a girl throw out her wedding bouquet?

Well watching it collect dust & shed petals & dried baby's breath for years was nice, but it finally just looked so ragged that I knew it was just time to go.
Preserving it with pictures gave me the courage to throw it out.
And I'm not sad I did (I just wish I'd taken pics before & after I first dried it when it looked less shabby--but, no biggie.)

The 2nd item I threw out I also had to take a picture of first cause I'd had it even longer than my wedding bouquet--for 10 years: my Caboodle.

I used it all through college & the first couple years I was married to hold my cosmetics...for the last 4-5 years it has been holding hair accessories (for me & Leka)...But I'd known for quite a while that it's not the most convenient container.
-Can't open it w/anything stacked on top of it...and though it has a few compartments, hair items still get jumbled around inside.
Finally chucked it & now have (a slightly less cute) nevertheless, much handier container for hair accessories.
A place for everything makes it much easier to have everything it it's place!


2 comments:
I just threw out my wedding bouquet too, oh I loved it, but mine was also really ragged. I didn't think to take pictures of it though, shoot.
I totally should do this with my bouquet. Should have done it a long time ago. That is some serious hair acessory organization going on. Guess you need it with such cute hair.
Post a Comment