Sunday, August 17, 2008

County Fair

Nase was working out of town this week (and even got to play a little, lucky guy, at the beach) in Florida. We didn't entirely miss out on the fun, because the county fair was going on here. I took the kids to it on Thursday & we had so much fun we decided to go back for some more family fun after Nase got home Saturday. --I took a lot of pictures because I was so happy to have my camera back (Nase was able to fix it--turns out he Is good to have around sometimes :D ...j/k -- it was Much appreciated)
I love the county fair--it brings me back to the country!
The kids both Loved the pony rides!...when the ride stopped Austin gave his horse kicks & rocked forward trying to get it going again--natural little cowboy :)








Face Painting...Austin is trying to look at his football player stripes to see what Nase drew on him.



Leka begged for some cotton candy, then decided she didn't like it--and Austin didn't either; but it turned out to be fun stuff to play with! :D






I loved this Dapple Horse!

Petting Zoo--another one the kids really liked...I told Austin to give the piggy a hug--he's not real sure about it.









At the kids fun zone Austin played in the cars while Leka got a flower baloon

...Note on Austin's hair: it's in this in-between stage where it wants to stick up and lay down...so I had it up in a half mohawk sorta do--and when Leka saw it she said "Austin looks like a shark or something."

There was a cool turtle in the science zone


They also had these ducky water slides that the kids loved playing with




Ice Cream Break

Blowing bubbles waiting for our turn on the ponies


"Tina you fat lard..." (if you haven't seen Napoleon Dynamite, you need to! ;)

The pigs had it made--they had misters going on them...maybe becuase they had no mud to wallow in.


The whole bunny barn just made you go "Awwww!" :)

Funky Chicken ~ in the hen house

Leka loves all animals


2 comments:

The Boulter Family said...

Yeah!!!!!! I am so glad to hear that your camera is fixed (thank you Nase!) And that you are blogging. I really did miss not having you blog. I think though I am addicted to this blogging stuff because I am constantly checking what has been posted. I have never been a good one to call people on the phone but this venue seems to work quite nicely. I think it is because it is not affecting anyone’s schedule, like it can sometimes be when you call. Or honestly, I don’t have to fight Charlie for the phone which it the real reason I don’t call!
I love the pictures you posted of your family at the county fair. It looks like it was so much fun and that they had it set up for kids to really enjoy the event. You have to love Utah, they are always conscious about children. I think the pictures you have of Austin and the cotton candy is sooooo adorable. You really need to send that picture in to the Parents magazine or something.
Thank you for the e-mail you sent me. Man I don’t know how you did it. I have to occupy Charlie with a movie or put him down for a nap to get stuff like that done. Katie the super Mom! I think the plan you have to write and compile family stories as well as your own is an awesome idea! You are such a talented writer and so I can hardly wait to read the Hot Lakes story. What is fun is that you can get things published for personal purposes. How fun would it be to get it published and give to your family members as a Christmas present or something?

Jaymerz said...

Looks like fun!! Glad your camera is working again, I think the fair would be a good outing for us we haven't been in a few years.