Saturday, August 23, 2008

Buddies

So coming back from vacation & having summer slow down a little wasn't very easy for the kids at first--I think coming away from all the excitement,extra space, activities and attention made them squirmish & they were having a hard time sharing and getting along. -- I'm happy to see them being best buddies again!
Why play with blocks when you can play with canned food?!
Riding bikes together... Leka can now work her brakes well, which gives her the confidence to ride on the hill we live on.
Goofball!
(OK--this pic doesn't really have to do with this post, but I just thought it's a pretty butterfly in flowers picture)
Here's Austin being my buddy and helper...Leka is such a sleeper-inner, Austin and I often have mornings with time for just the 2 of us. Here he is helping me make homemade Oreos for our ward campout dinner.
He stayed with me helping out with every step...he was especailly my helper in taste-testing the dough and cookies!
Mmmm... (this recipe is on my recipe blog)

Here is Leka with her good buddy, Emma (they're the only girls in Leka's Sunbeam class & live on the same street)...Playing last night at our ward campout.
It was a fun get-together, but made for a long night--I just couldn't sleep & our air mattress was slowly deflating & I was on the ground by the middle of the night/very early morning :p (we tested this air mattress camping at our fam reunion, but it didn't deflate much with just the kids on it- as opposed to adults last night)
Nase pulled the car around, set up the pump and re-inflated it & I got a few hours of sleep. I did get to come home and take a nap, so I'm surviving.

3 comments:

Tammy Miner said...

You've been busy girl! Looks like you've been having a great time this summer! And then you take the time to blog all those activities. I admit, i'm impressed with your consistent journaling... ie blogging.

Becca said...

I LOVE it when the kids play together- it's the best.

Kimberly said...

Great pics! Austin and Leka are just such cuties!