Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Family Reunion


This past weekend we had our own little Morris family reunion w/our immediately family--the big Morris reunion is this coming weekend. It was a lot of fun having the whole family together! - Robby's kids are 5, 3, and 16 mo's.. So they are big-time playmates w/Leka & Austin... Sammy and Leka are inseparable when we get together! -We definitely packed as much fun into our weekend as we could!



THE OL WATER HOLE

The first day we went up to a pretty mountain reservoir with a fun dock to jump off (although half the time I was getting Pushed off by some not-so-cool guys I know! :p ) It was really fun and refreshing, though (especially since it was a really hot weekend) The only bummer was that Robby sliced his toe--almost halfway off!!...While he went and got it stitched back together we had a nice picnic under a shady tree.


Sammy and Leka had just been examining a cow pie when I took this pic - lol !!

Hannah & her watermelon

Austin & his big watermelon covered belly--checking that his belly button is still there

He stayed occupied for quite a while just breaking sticks and putting them in this bush

Nase & Leka on a rock ..& if you look close you'll see Hunter on the right




LAKE POWELL
This is one of our favorite places to go (and it's not too far from here--about an hour and a half drive to Halls Crossing Marina... Hite is only an hour, but the water is still too low there)
We weren't able to bring the waverunners or my Dad's boat, but we had a lot of fun swimming and cliff jumping. We had a Great spot!..Our own little private cove.







Our own private sandbox, too...although I don't know why the big kids are the ones who wanted to go play in it (?) :)

Beautiful Lake

Little Fish - they swam & swam!
Austin's always making faces for the camera!


Hunter (my 3 yr old nephew) is quite the daredevil!..He loved jumping off the rocks!
Here Tommy is examining his landing spot, about to jump.


And there he goes!

Then you have to climb back up a steep crack in the cliff

This jump was about a good 25 feet... I didn't get to jump at this spot since I was nominated to film all the jumping--and Robby couldn't jump because of his sliced toe.. He & Tommy will get pretty crazy -I'm only brave enough to jump about 20 feet (if something goes wrong I don't like slapping the water too hard)... I did a whimpy little cliff earlier, but no pics.





FISHING AND S'MORES

We also went up to one of our favorite spots on the mountain here (Foy Reservoir)... We went fishing & made a fre and smores and the kids played w/baseball stuff. -Jamie was the only one to catch a fish (way to go!).. the fishing is usually really good there, but it's way covered w/moss this year :p -- We got creative w/our s'mores trying to get them perfectly melty wrapped in foil in the coals (it's hard to do w/out burning the graham crackers!)

I didn't get many pics at Foy...in fact, I don't even have my camera--it broke :( ..I've been borrowing my Mom's.



--Also (unpictured here) but lots of fun were our late-night poker tournaments using Starbursts as chips and games of Hearts--

This was great!..Sammy and Leka decided to give the family dog, Maisey, a makeover--She's got an earring, neckalce, bracelet.. and I'm guessing that blanket is supposed to be a dress. :)


And these are just some cute pics of the kids



Sammy, Hannah & Leka all had matching dresses (Jamie & I unknowingly bought them all the same Easter dress this year :)

Hunter, Leka & Sammy are all cracking up at Rob who was being funny w/one of the kittens to get them to look and smile... Austin, as you can see, was Not in a good mood--he's cutting his last set of molars! :-/

3 comments:

dcscrivy said...

Oh, so fun!!! I love where Austin is checking for the belly button, so cute. Don't you wish those family get together's could last a little longer!

The Boulter Family said...

Yeah pictures! I have been out of town and have not been keeping up on blogging.
You guys sure know how to have a good time! It looks like so much fun. Can we be adopted into your family? We cannot get my Mom's family together for a camp out because no one likes to camp! Can you believe, it is tragic. Sometimes I think my Mom and us hatched from another egg.
That is so neat to have a reunion with just immediate and then have one with the extended family. What a wonderful summer tradition to look forward to. I look forward to seeing the pictures of the next family event. Have an awesome time! Roast a mallow for me, mmm yummy! 
Katie, will you please e-mail me your home address, thank you bunches.

katy said...

FUN!!! I'm a little jealous! I've still never been to Lake Powell and I always remember you saying how much you loved it. It looks awesome! But I'm moving down to St. George next week, so hopefully I'll finally be able to go! I'm glad you post tons of pictures, by the way - the kids are too cute!