
One great thing about living in Fruit Heights (as the name suggests) is the fresh fruit you can get straight from the orchards down the road at harvest time. --Peaches were finally out & I bought a bunch for homemade jam . . . mmm! -- Not that I'm bragging 'cause I just made freezer jam (the easiest kind) but it did turn out yummy :) . . . I quite enjoy making jam--I've done peach, apricot & plum so far--and I love having jars of homemade jam at home - so much better than store-bought.
2 comments:
Ok I am back I had a doctor’s appointment this morning so is did not get a chance to leave more comments. Thanks for filling me in on the L&L; we will for sure need to check this place out. However I think Jessica use to go there. She liked going to a Polynesian Place down by BYU. Oh how I wish I could ask her. Anyways ….. How fun you are canning! That is so wonderful. Nothing like fresh baked bread covered in homemade jam! YUMMY!!! Fruit Heights is where my mom went when she was a little girl. Her mom would take the family to go pick fruit and then they would go home and can it. She talks of a place called the fruit loop; a road that loops around through all the fruit orchards. You live in a neat area. I guess the next fruit in season will be apples. Homemade apple sauce or apple pie filling! I really need to start canning. I have been busy for a week redoing Steven’s bedroom to surprise him. So that has been keeping me a little occupied. He is coming home sometime this week. I am so excited to have him home. Of course he will be going back to help with the third cutting, but after that he is home until next summer!
I'm so impressed! My mom always made freezer jam growing up--YUM! I guess I need to learn how to do it because I LOVE it! (Think of Joey on Friends and his jam fettish...) LOL.
Post a Comment