Monday, September 15, 2008

Semi Shout Out


This is a semi shout out to Oxy Clean...not a full blown shout out because while it didn't work complete wonders I think it worked better than anything else would... Here's the story:

It's definitely Monday!...And this was worse than the powder incident! (Heads were about to Roll!!) Austin snuck a green permanent marker (I thought I had them in the back of a top drawer where he couldn't reach them--WRONG!) ...And he drew all over the carpet! (and on his khaki pants & new shoes & on Leka's chair) >:(

I headed to Wal Mart for some Resolve & Oxy Clean...tried the Resolve first and it hardly helped at all. Then I tried the Oxy Clean & it didn't completely get the marker out, but where there were obvious marker lines there are now just faint green stains.

(Our carpet is already yucky--the landlord Should have changed it before we moved in, so I'm not too worried about keeping it spick & span; but I couldn't leave marker all over it.)


Before & After


Leka's chair already needs to be repainted & I think cleaning off the marker would take of most of the paint, too--so I think I'll just leave it & repaint over it with an oil based paint that won't come off when it gets cleaned.

And the green marks on Austin's pants are faded but not gone :p - They'll be play pants, I guess.

5 comments:

Jaymerz said...

I am glad that it worked, most of the way. In the pictures it looks like it is all out. Hmmm I may have to buy some of that to keep on hand just in case.

The Boulter Family said...

Wow they are giving you a run for your money! Oxyclean, I have only used that stuff as a powder form that I add when I am doing laundry. It is good that it worked. Most likely it was your hard work that got it out! You always wonder when you watch infomercials about certain products; they always show the product working wonders that it seems too good to be true.
The chair will be a fun little activity and then you can post a picture on your blog of before and after!
Thank you for what you wrote on my blog concerning Jessica and how you have been feeling. You are so amazing and such an example to me. Thank you for your words of comfort and support. It is interesting I was at the temple that evening and when I got back I read your blog about needing to go to the temple. I think Heavenly Father and Jess are prompting us to go. Katie please go to the temple! I have never felt Jessie as close as I did in the temple. It was a wonderful experience, but I have to admit it made be very homesick for her after leaving the temple. I just want to live in the temple so I can have that all the time.

Tammy Miner said...

Wow girl you've been busy!!! I miss having little ones around the house. I don't miss the messes they make, but they sure are a lot of fun.

dcscrivy said...

Oh my goodness, the things kids do. Luckily I haven't had an incident like that yet, I am sure my time is coming. Now I know what to use!!!

The TAUFA'S said...

Sounds like the kids are keeping you busy and hopping. I came home from work a couple of nights ago to see that Lillian had painted her fingernails in the living room?! Ruined a blanket (thankfully it was lying on the floor), a doll, and her outfit. Where was dad? Playing on the computer.