Monday, December 8, 2008

Austin's Accident


We had a scare with Austin this morning...he wanted me to put a DVD on for him & I told him one minute & went about my business in my room, then I heard a big crash & cry from the kids' room!--I ran in & found the 27" TV & Austin on the floor (& Leka in histerics...guess he tried to put the DVD in the player by himself which is on top of the TV)--I grabbed him up & tried to calm him down & see if there were any major injuries he was telling me his leg hurt & I found a big bruise in a straight line across his calf and when he tried to walk he was really limping.
-So I took him to see the Dr. & they checked his leg & X-Rayed it--No broken bones or major injuries, just bruised..Thank Goodness! - The Dr. said he could walk on it if he wanted to (which was good because Austin (and Leka) really wanted to play in the fresh fallen, first snow of December today...his limp was about gone by the time we got home & he seems to be doing fine.

-Although it was good I had him in the Dr's today--I had the Dr. check Austin's lungs since we were already there (when Austin gets a cold his asthma gets bad)...and his lungs were still pretty hazy & congested--The Dr. prescribed him a steroid to take the next two days to give his airways a boost to get better (since his inhaler just wasn't quite doing the job.

-So we moved the DVD player to the shelf under the TV where Austin can get into it witout climbing...he might break it, but at least he won't break any bones!!
...................................................................

Yes, Leka's catching snowflakes with her tongue, not licking the snowman--that would be Gross, right?! (Well according to her it's funny.)

Like the green tomatoe nose?...the last tomatoe on my tomatoe plant--it served a noble purpose :)

Snow Buddies!



4 comments:

Jaymerz said...

boys you gotta love them!! Glad he was OK.

Unknown said...

Boys get into way more trouble than girls. Sheesh.
Your snowman is doing the limbo.
(This is Becca.)

dcscrivy said...

I am so glad that Austin didn't get hurt. I have really learned to love that my TV is above my fireplace because I have heard that happens a lot with little kids. When we finish the downstairs we will also plan the TV above the fireplace. Anyway, I love your christmas chain idea, we may have to try that at our house.

The Boulter Family said...

Oh Katie that must have been so frightening for you. I am sooo glad to hear Austin is ok. I am sure he had his guardian angels with him when that happened! What is it with these very independent toddlers? I just put a t.v. in Charlie’s room. I ended up putting on the floor because there was no other place for it to go. It is so nice when he can just go play in his room and put a movie on for himself. Before I had to go get the movie going downstairs and I did not like him down there by himself. It is crazy what kind of trouble they can get into if you turn your back for one second. It is so true about the saying that a mother has to have eyes in the back of her head.
Well this incident for sure proved that Austin was born to be a football player. If you can tackle a t.v. you can be a great quarter back!
Are you all feeling better? It was nice you were able to also get medicine for Austin when you had to go get an x-ray. I like trips to the doctors that allow you to kill two birds with one stone. There is nothing worse than having to drag your kid back to the doctor.