Thursday, December 31, 2009

Good-Bye 2009

2009 has come to an end & I'd like to end the year on a happy note...

So here are some hilights of 2009:

  • Leka started school--she loves it & does well
  • Enjoying one-on-one time with Austin while Leka's in school (Running errands with just 1 kid is especially nice!)
  • Though he won't be fully there till 2010, Austin is getting the potty training down
  • We were able to get splash passes to Cherry Hill & played it up at the waterpark with my 2 little waterdogs :)
  • Amid economic uncertainty, Nase kept his job
  • No broken bones, swine flu, or hospitilization
  • We were able to go to Kansas for Thanksgiving to be with my brother's family
  • Leka & I got to go to Disney Princess on Ice
  • Wouldn't call turning 30 a hilight exactly, however, my Mom threw me a killer surprise birthday party :) ~Plus, Nase turned 30 with me--misery loves company ;) ~
  • Hunting with my dad & getting a nice 4-point buck(!) :)
  • Jamie got me a leopard Snuggie :D ...Nase got me an iPod touch
  • Took a fun, family trip to my home town of Baker, Oregon
  • The kids got to play with their cousins (their favorit thing in the whole world) In June--our fam. reunion, over Labor day weekend and Thanksgiving
  • The big Morris fam reunion was a real 3-day camping one rather than just a day in the park this year.
  • Leka conquored her fear of Shrek ;)
  • Leka won a blue ribbon at the county fair
  • Austin figured out how to ride a bike
  • I started a new hobby--making hair flowers & bows
  • This last week, after over a year, I was released from my nursery calling--(maybe I shouldn't list this in hilights, but ask any mom with young kids at home if they would rather have 2 hrs on Sunday with or without a room full of toddlers!...yeah, it's a hilight ;)
  • And we ended our year with a Super Fun trip!--Going to Disneyland (for the first time ever...now my childhood is complet--but don't expect me to grow up ;)
  • Well, that's a long list--but let me just say at the end of 2009 I'm greatful for our Savior's love, and all that I've been blessed with, especially my family!

Hope you all have a Wonderful 2010!!!








No comments: