Our New Year Celebration
Leka was all excited when I told her we were going to have a night time party (night & party would be 2 words that describe her well). But then she found out we weren't having the party with all her friends like she thought--But she found out a family party can be a lot of fun, too :)
........................
We played the Wii (wii didn't get a Wii, wii just borrowed Nase's sister's Wii :)
Leka got really good a bowling! ... Nase & I had sore arms the next day from boxing each other & trying to smoke each other in the other sports :D
We made cupcakes... Hey sugar lips :)

...Leka & Austin watched 'Horton Hears a Who' & Nase & I watched 'Eagle Eye'
Finally all zonked out

(Actually I took this at my parent's house over Christmas, but I thought it was cute :)
.....................
.......
New Years Day
................................
We went to Antelope Island -- We'd been once before a couple years ago & thought the kids would have fun. It turned out to be a pretty fun outing!
We saw Buffalo

And breathtaking views
I love how you can't quite tell where the Great Salt Lake ends & the mountain begins.
................
The snowy mountain & frozen lake almost looks like you could be in some place like Alaska or Iceland (imagining that were the ocean).

It wasn't Too freezing...we were able to get out for a bit.
Austin keeping warm...he loves to put his hands in his pockets.
Twins :)
We went on a little hike up a hill...I was surprised to find Buffalo had been on top of the hill since it's where more people go--We didn't see buffalo up there, buuut...The proof is in the pudding :D ;)

(makes me think of my pioneer ancestors who had to burn buffalo pies on the prarie when they had no wood -- lol :)
.........
Back down the hill
Me hiking with Leka
.............
There's a neat pioneer farm out on the Island

It's still got all the tools & equipment you'd find on an old farm...I don't get the tiny woodstove--looks like you could barely fit any wood in there(?)
This is kind of interesting if you'd like to read about the island/farm. (Hopefully it should open bigger if you click on it)

I had one of these flexible flyer sleds as a kid--they're fun to sled on!...Mom Mom had one too as a kid (but they must not make them like they used to because mine fell apart.)


I had one of these flexible flyer sleds as a kid--they're fun to sled on!...Mom Mom had one too as a kid (but they must not make them like they used to because mine fell apart.)
.................
I like the buffalo in the middle--he seemed to be saying "take a picture of this!" haha


2 comments:
Wow it looks like you had a very fun New Years Eve and Day! Do you like playing Wii? I have a hard time playing games; I rather just visit. It is a family thing I come by it genetically. Jessie was the only one that liked playing games. However she never got to try Wii. I am not sure if she would have liked it though. She was never one to play video games, she like board games.
What is your favorite Wii game? Have you ever played Boom Blocks, I do like that one. There is a new miniature golf game out that looks fun.
I have heard of Antelope Island but have never gone. I had no idea there are buffalo. The name of the island implies a different type of wildlife. I love the pictures you took! The one that you labeled twins is soo precious; and I shall call you mini me!
You should go to Antelope Island during the Summer. They have really fun things for the family. You would enjoy it.
Post a Comment