Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July


We had a Great 4th of July! - About a week ago Nase and and I decided to get ourselves our anniversary present early...We found a pair of waverunners on KSL Classifieds for a really great deal. They are older (a 91 & 96) and one wasn't running when we got it--but Nase got them both running smoothly (I'm so thankful for his mechanical skills!--growing up w/my Dad an aircraft mechanic who can fix anything w/moving parts, it would be hard not to have a Mr. Fixit around!) . . . Anyway, so we took the waverunners out to Willard Bay--Only one was registered - but we were able to ride the 3-seater & it was tons of fun (actully our first time riding one) ...The kids thought it was a blast, too! - I'm happy to have something that we can have a lot of summer fun with!
Willard Bay is really low right now (thought it would be higher w/all the runoff ~?)...so the beach part w/the nice sand ends before the shoreline, which is all mud, but this did not stop Leka and Austin from having a great time swimming and playing anyway!
The temperature was high, but it was overcast w/a breeze, so it was quite comfortable!

Austin started to get tired towards the end of our outing & he actually fell asleep on the ride back to the Marina.


Later that evening we went to watch the fireworks with our fun next-door neighbors. It was a really great show & we had good seats.
Nase took the camera during the fireworks & caught some really cool pictures--they look like big electric jellyfish to me! :)










Then on Saturday Nase went down to Salt Lake to see Sekona who was in in town along w/some of his other Tongan friends. Then we had a BBQ and Nase's sister, Tasia & her cute daughter Ofa, joined us--Ofa's a year older than Austin, so they all had fun playing.


...and I just had to throw in this picture--kids playing in laundry baskets; so classic!

6 comments:

The Boulter Family said...

Wet and Wild!!! What a fun Fourth of July Activity and what a great anniversary gift. KSL classified; I should look in there for a little green house. I want to start my own flowers, so I don’t have to pay so much at the local nurseries.
I have never been on wave runners. They look so fun. The cutest is Leka and Austin bundled up in life preservers and arm floaties. Such a wonderful mommy you are! It looks like you guys had a blast.
I love your fire work pictures. It is so true they look like electric jelly fish; great description.

dcscrivy said...

Fun wave runners, that will be great family entertainment. I am glad you had a good holiday.

Tuita Family said...

Looks like you guys had a fun 4th of July!!! I bet Ramsay would love to have a wave runner- is that pretty much the same as a jet ski or seadoo? Anyways, I wish you guys lived closer, I bet our kids would have so much fun together. I definitely do want to visit w/ you guys when we come to Utah next month. We're coming the 6th-11th. Let's plan something if you're around!

Amanda said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun! That's awesome that Nase was able to get those waverunners working for you. That's one thing that I could never rely on Amoni doing! Your kids are growing so fast. Leka looks nothing like the little baby I remember! Someday soon we'll try a trip to Utah and have a little reunion...when the finances allow.

Tuita Family said...

Hi Katie! I thought I already left you a comment regarding my blog going private and needing your email, but I don't see it here (so if you do see another comment like this- sorry). Anyways, I want you to still be able to look at my blog, so I need your email. If you want, leave it on your blog as a comment to a post, and I'll see it that way?

Anonymous said...

If you come back to check here, it's:
kateaho@hotmail.com