A full-blown leaf!...the first leaf my plumeria plant grew fell off or got picked off by busy-fingers (aka Austin Tui), which made me sad, but a nice bigger leaf is now there--it grew up like a thin, little chute, but then unfolded--so hopefully those other chutes will unfold into leaves! ..and c'mon right side!!--catch up!

...I planted a tomatoe plant--it started off half-dead, but it's growing & now has blossoms, so should bring tomatoes!...mmm, I love garden tomatoes! -- I would've planted a whole garden, but where there is just dirt, the landlord is now laying down pipe...meaning hopefully we'll have grass and a much bigger back yard soon. (So far, he's just dug around my plants).

These are giant Sunflowers--I love the sunflowers that grow wild around here--these should end up 6-7 ft. tall...I just think they make a pretty background in the yard. About 12 of them are growing--it's been fun...Leka and Austin love to help water the garden.
1 comment:
Yeah your Plumeria is doing splendid! It will be so fun when you get flowers. Every time you smell them you will be whisked away in sweet memories of the time you got to spend in Hawaii.
I agree garden fresh tomatoes are the best. In fact the ones you buy in the store don’t even come close in flavor. I am pretty sure they have bred all flavor out. Actually, what I learned when I lived in Cali.; that they harvest them unripe and then put a chemical on them so they will ripen enough to turn red. That is so not normal. It is the process of the sun ripening the tomato on the vine that makes a fresh tomato divine.
Planting gardens are the best lessons for children. They get to be taught cause and effect as well as responsibility. It will be fun to take pictures with the kids standing next to the sunflowers.
Post a Comment