Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Chinese Chuck E Cheese

We've never gone to Chuck E Cheese before (though Leka has requested it)--it's always SO crowded...if there wasn't even a parking space in the lot we weren't going to venture inside.

But today, we had Nase home & Chuck E Cheese isn't crowded mid-day Tuesday so we decided to check it out. The kids Loved it--we decided it's a pretty good place for family fun (and it's a new one, so it's clean & nice).

This was Austin's favorite ride he went on a bunch.
Ride 'em cowgirl!
(Not the best pics cause all I had was my phone to take pictures with)

After Chuck E Cheese (also to Leka's request) we went to a Chinese buffet...Leka loves all things Chinese--I think she gets it from Kung Fu Panda (and maybe from looking a bit like a little China-Girl herself :) ;)
Here she's trying out the chopsticks with a dumpling...it took her too long to work the chopsticks so we made her eat with a fork, but brought some home for her (she said she wanted to practice :)
I'm not crazy about Chinese food, but this place wasn't too bad for a Chinese buffet (clean & not scary)--they made fresh sushi right there--Nase liked that...they had a lot of regular, unexotic Chinese along with some American food (Austin ate a ton of cantelope (his fav) and Leka had a plate full of jello squares)...but there was one thing that I thought was really bazaar--tiny cooked octopuses (octopi?) ...I had to bring one over to see if Nase would eat it (he ate octopus in Hawaii once--and they eat it in Tonga)...he bit a leg off, but what really got me is Leka said she wanted to try it!...
...
...And she did!! (I know that's kind of gross, but her face is So hilarious!)...so Leka told me I should try it--and I figured since she was such a brave soul, I'd go for it...It didn't have a strong taste, but I did not enjoy the rubbery little tentacle! :p

...Anyway, it was a fun day :)

(Oh, & a side note--on the topic of food...I'm trying to keep my recipe blog alive & I'll keep posting recipes here & there--so keep it on your Reader :) ...And I love getting recipes from fellow chefs--if you're not added as an author & would like to be let me know)




2 comments:

dcscrivy said...

ewww, octopus, I would probably try it just to say that I had done it, but that does not look good at all. Sounds like a fun day though, we love those family filled days.

Melanie said...

At least Leka can hold the chopsticks. She looks like she is doing pretty well in the picture. Can't even hold 'em. (Aho loves octopus too. I can't bring myself to try it. Maybe one day when my child is trying it and wants me to, then I will!! LOL)