Although Leka is more than 2 years older than Austin, I'm sure he has been to the Dr's office more times than she has--his asthma had me there quite a few late nights, along with dropping a TV on his leg, bad hives--things like that. -This winter we all took our turns getting a nasty bug & feeling very sick--all but Leka...she's been a healthy child!...Austin isn't sickly--he certainly Looks the picture of health--he's just needed more medical attention.
Today at their dentist check-up, I found out he'll be needing some more--he's going to have to have a spacer put on his teeth to correct his big under-bite/cross-bite (as the dentist called it). -I never thought of a 2 year recieveing that kind of dental work, but after talking to the dentist, I agree it's a good idea...For now his bite is just a dental problem, but left alone it could turn into a "skeletal" problem--which could need surgery to fix.
(His smile's all bottom teeth.)

The good news is Austin does quite well at the dentist (they often wait till 3 or 4 because 2 year olds can freak out & cry a lot...I think Austin will do good.) --It's also not supposed to take too long to correct--instead of a couple years like braces, it should (hopefully) just be a couple months. --My main concern is how Austin will handle the metal in his mouth at home--teeth brushing time is always a battle with that guy!...I'm going to tell him he's getting Transformer teeth :)
I've actually grown fond of Austin's gappy little under-bite smile...I think I'll miss it! 
This is Austin last summer--spraying everyone down with the hose...the kids wanted to get out the hose & slip'n slide on our 80 degree days we had the last couple days--and I was going to do that for them, but our landlord hasn't turned on our outside water yet :( ...So I decided to let them have another joy of warm weather--popsicles outside on a hot day--I had to go to the store for sunscreen anyway!
Leka got to try out her summer clothes.
They love playing in their little tent (thanks Annie)!



1 comment:
Cute! That's tough for a two-year-old, but I'm sure he'll do great.
Our kids had a little tent from Ikea; we left it in our backyard, and one windy day I guess it blew away! (Over a 6-ft. fence!) It's not there now, so that's the only thing I can figure that happened. LOL.
Post a Comment