Austin finally went pee in the potty--I've never been able to get him to go up till now. This doesn't mean we're potty training yet; going to wait till he really seems ready, but it's nice to know he Can do it!!
...................
If you really care here's the story behind it:
(I like hearing other people's potty training stories--give me ideas of what might work for my kids)
Today we were at Cherry Hill & one thing he is good about is not going when he's swimming, so I don't bother buying Little Swimmers...but we'd been there for quite a while & I thought I'd better get him to go on the potty or get him back in a diaper. I took him to the potty & he said he went and I could tell he was trying, but I couldn't really tell if he'd gone. (I hoped he had cause we went back to swimming.) Then he slept for an hour after we left & he woke up dry so I set him on the potty before his bath, & sure enough he went.
--It may have helped that I've told him he'd get the truck he's been asking for when he went on the big boy potty. But the truck is a rip-off...toys in grocery stores usually are (he saw it in Bowmans)...So I might just take him to DI & let him pick out a truck.
Leka would go potty from 18 mo's if I took her...but she wouldn't go on her own till she was almost 3--I decided not to spend an entire year potty training Austin like I did her!
(I'm saving this pic for high school graduation slide show, or to show her future husband--lol)

No comments:
Post a Comment