Sunday, July 26, 2009

Leka's 5th Birthday

My little Leky is 5 years old & so big now!! ..She had a blast on her birhtday!

-She picked out her new bike.

-We went to Cherry Hill.... Only me & the kids have passes, so it was fun to have Daddy come, too. Leka liked that she go to go down the big, fast dragon slide with me--although when it's just me & the kids, (and I have to hold Austin) she's brave to go down it all by herself! -- (No pictures...I never take my camera to Cherry Hill...maybe when my sister comes with us I will.)

-Then we had her party. (Traditional cake, ice cream, & presents) at home. She picked out pizza for dinner.



Here she is looking so cute in her new birthday shirt. She loves Nihao Kailan (a kid's show on Nick Jr.)--so that was kind of the theme for her birthday.


I got her the shirt because she'd requested a Nihao Kailan cake.




I've decided to start a new tradition:
I always feel like it's a bit of a shame, working to make a cute cake, then just cutting it right up...so I decided to frost what's leftover (or just make an extra round) of cake to eat that day...We cut into the kailan cake the next day--but I think it's fun to have it around to look at for mor than an hour.




Here's the cute poncho my grandma crocheted for Leka--she's always so sweet to make her a nice gift...I hope Leka will want to wear this to school or church this fall.

OK, this dinky little toy...it's dumb & a rip-off, but Leka has been begging for it for months (they keep it by the check-out :p) ...So I thought her birthday was a good opportunity to get it for her.
(It's just a fluffy thing on a thin string, but her & Austin Did have fun playing with it...whatever.)

Do you see the burnt match on there?...I thought we had plently of candles in the cupboard (I was wrong).


I love Leka's face when she opened her little Snow White doll.

Leka loves these little princess dolls...she didn't have Snow White yet & that's the only thing she'd requested for her birthday--these dolls are only 5 bucks...but I used a half-tank of gas driving around trying to find it! (I got her Belle, too since the head fell off her other Belle doll.)
(They go fast in the stores & most had only Cinderella and maybe Sleeping Beauty left.) -- If you need to find one of these dolls, I would suggest Target--by the registers, that's where I've found ones we couldn't find elsewhere.


Austin sneaks a taste of the frosting

I used Leka's birthday to get her more ABC day tools


...I thought Kailan kind of looked like Mickey Mouse & decided to give her a face...idk if it really made a difference.


Leka on her new bike (she looks so big!)
...And in a month, my baby will go to Kindergarten!!! ...I keep reminding myself how nice it was to run errands with just Austin those couple hours she was in preschool--Hopefully I'll be Ok on that big first day...I know Leka's really excited.



2 comments:

Jaymerz said...

Ahh looks like fun!! I love the cake it turned out really cute. Oh and next time try the family dollar, my mom has a bunch of those dolls and that is where she got them from. Sammy and Hannah love them too :).

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday Leka!!! It looks like she had a great birthday! How fun!!! I love seeing the pictures of your kids. Anytime we're near the apartments, Courtney asks to play with Leka and Austin. We'll have to get together sometime soon. We would love it!