Sunday, July 19, 2009

ABC Day's 'E through I'

E is for:
Elephant
F is for:

Fish

G is for:
Girl (this is a cow girl)

Garden

Green things that Grow

Grass

H is for:
Hearts

Hula Girl

Hawaii Boy






(sorry about all the pics of Austin--I couldn't resist, he looked too cute...My dad got him that outfit from Hawaii when he was a baby :)
I is for:

Island Girl


And (of course) Ice Cream!

I kept singing this song & Leka kept covering her ears & telling me to stop >:/




2 comments:

dcscrivy said...

What a fun mom you are! I think Austin is seriously one of the cutest boys I have ever seen, not even joking. About the whole Flying J thing, yeah, we are pretty much in the same boat as you are, not being told very much, and we are feeling our future there is pretty shaky. Things will work out, they always do, we just aren't sure how yet. Our eyes are open for options though, if you know what I mean.

The Boulter Family said...

This is such an adorable blog! You have to be on of the most creative and incredible Mom's ever! what a great idea to do things to teach the kids their alphabet letters!
Oh my goodness your kids are too adorable! I love the Hawaiian outfits! Leka's gorgeous long hair and the hula skirt and Austin looking beyond adorable in those shorts. They could be models for Hawaiian tourism! Oh they are soooooo cute! What fun you must have had getting them all dressed up and taking pictures!
You remind me a lot of my Mom! I remember she always had fun ideas and adventures. We used to have days where we would go to the library and read about a place and culture then we would spend the day doing things from the place we learned about. Mom would make meals that were authentic. Good memories for sure!
Katie I read your comment on my blog about the precocious situation at work for Nase. I asked Robert if he had any leads and he has not heard of any. However he said to start getting Nase's resume posted on all the job sites like Linked In,
I will definitely let you know if we hear of any jobs that are applicable to Nase's field of work! The sooner he can get things posted and be looking for a job the better. Hopefully he will not get let go with the corporate changes and you guys will be good! But is is always smart to be prepared and be looking because if the worse happens you will be ahead of the game and hopefully have a new job lined up!
Also check out LDS employment services. GREAT program. There is a good article in the Ensign this month about the services they offer. It is on page 41; Surviving Unemployment. If anything they can help with updating a resume and the such.
I will send you more info as soon as I find anything out. You guys are in my prayers and it will be ok. The Lord is mindful of our needs and will watch over us.
To answer your question about Robert getting a job. Yes he did however it is a contract position and does not have health benefits until he is hired full time by the company he works for. This takes a year! It is job and we are grateful! When the time is right perhaps something better will present itself. As long as it pays the bills what more could you need.
I love you so much and think you are amazing. You are such an example to me; I want to be just like Katie when I grow up! Keep me posted and I promise to do the same. We can do our own networking and find a great job if needs be! Keep your chin up it is going to be fine; I strongly feel this!