Thursday, October 23, 2008

Finally some Motherly Wisdom...

...has kicked in & I learned from a previous experince with my First child:
As I'm giving Leka her bath & Austin's waiting in the bathroom for his (they think baths are as fun as going to a water park--except for the hair washing)...well my little rascal waits for me to be busy washing Leka's hair when he gets the Vasoline & smears it all over himself...
This Time--instead of just wiping off the excess & throwing him into the tub--I know to wipe off the excess & rub, rub, rub what's left in til it's all gone & his skin is nice & very moisturized.
When Leka got into the Vasoline at his age I threw her in the tub, which was a Big mistake...it all melted off in the water, then made a slime layer all over the drained tub--I could Not get it completely off... which turned showers into a slippery death trap.
--I know...you'd think I'd learn to just put stuff out of reach...well, with Austin--Nothing is out of reach--he can undo the childproof latches...he'll climb chairs to get to treats in the top cupboards...top drawer--very back; a safe place for permanent markers?--Nope!! . . . all I can do is put things up in hopes to buy me some time where I might catch him in the act :p

Love my little rascals!

1 comment:

The TAUFA'S said...

At least wisdom stays with us at times. I was told by the secretary to take some time off for trick or treating and to make the time up on another day. Well, when the payroll specialist found out she was going to pull my personal day (for 2 hours). I explained everything to her and had already made up the time, so she told me not to do it again unless I wanted to lose my personal day. The breadfruit tasted wonderful.