Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Jack O'lanterns

One of my favorite traditions!--Carving Pumpkins... I wish my whole family could've been here--we like to do this together. But it was just me & the kiddos-- and our neighbors came over for a bit of the fun. --I love the smell of the pumpkins when you cut the tops off, I love being outdoors (it was a Beautiful day today--we were outside for hours)... I love getting to be creative and seeing the end result--especially when they're lit!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Leky with the pumpkins--instead of help carve this year, she would go hide & have me tell her when I was done--she liked being surprised by the final result :) ...She did, however, help with the potato head pumpkins--that was a lot of fun!
The Mr. Potato Head Pirate came in a set that was made for a pumpkin--Leka won it at my cousin's halloween party (for her "cutest cowgirl" costume:) ...But we thought that was so fun, we got out her Mrs. Potato Head Mermaid to dress up another pumpkin with.
We went with a silly pumpkin & a monster pumpkins this year (Leka decided we should do something from Monsters Inc.) I love them lit up!


The Young Women (from my church) came by (activity night) in costumes & gave me this painted pumpkin & a bag of candy & did the Thriller dance - It was Great!--Made my night!! (...I went to girls camp w/the young women & have been missing doing activities with them ever since!)
(it's a Spidey pumpkin)


1 comment:

The Boulter Family said...

Katie you are so sweet!!!! I got your package today and I wanted to thank you. I love daffodils; flowers are truly the way to my heart. I am so excited to plant them and then come spring a burst of sunny yellow in the flower bed. Thank you, that was so thoughtful. I will have to take some to Jessie in the spring! Or maybe I could plant some by her grave. That could be really cool. The best part is that deer don’t like to eat daffodils and so that would be perfect. There is a big dear and bunny problem up there. Thank you for the adorable card, I love it. Such a cute theme!
I really like your pumpkins. That is so creative! Can you believe that Halloween is tomorrow? It seems like this month has been a flash. What is new, all months seem like that anymore. Next will be Thanksgiving and Christmas. Holly Moley.
How did Leka’s Halloween party at her preschool go?