Saturday, October 4, 2008

Leka's Show & Tell

Leka had her first show & tell - it was her turn to bring home the B.I.P. bag (Beary Important Person) where they get to bring some things to preschool in the bag that are special about them to share.

In her bag she had:



  • Part of the stuffing box--her favorite food

  • A floatie--because she loves swimming

  • A picture of Hawaii--because she was born there

  • A necklace from Tonga--because she's half Tongan & can count to 10 in Tongan (which she forgot to do for her show & tell...but that's OK)
  • A toy microphone--because she loves to sing (she sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star for the class)

  • And a rubber worm (which she's holding in the pic)--because she loves to go fishing, especially with her grandpa... Her teachers told me all the kids were fascinated w/the worm & all had to touch it (it's for fishing & looks pretty real :) :S :D ...Leka also likes real worms--if she finds one she'll play with it!








Here's a letter B she glued beans onto--think she used enough glue? LOL



She's learning pretty good--today she told me the letters on one of our Halloween decorations were "B-O-O & that spells Boo!" (of course I told her what they spelled before, but she remembered a couple days later)... and she'll see different shapes that look like letters & point them out to me. She's loving preschol!

6 comments:

The Boulter Family said...

Show and tell was always such an important part of school. I remember bringing things and feeling so cool! I do however remember that one time when I was in third grade a girl brought an elk leg to school for show and tell. The teacher did not let her take it out of the bag because there was so much blood and the teacher did not want it to scare the class. I felt bad for the girl because she was so proud to show the class what her Dad had shot hunting. I guess the moral of the story is, bring the antlers or a picture not the leg!
Ok that was a bit of bird walk! Did you get to go to Leka’s class and watch her as she did show and tell? I think that was so neat all the fun things she brought to help her classmates get to know her better. She will for sure be one popular girl. With her looks and being born in Hawaii, man she has it made!
I like her bean art. Glue is the best part of projects like that! When I was a kid, I loved putting a glue puddle in the middle of a piece of then adding some food color or water color paint. Then folding the paper together; opening and seeing the design that was made. Fun little project.

dcscrivy said...

Aren't these little ones amazingly smart. I love your fall pictures, looks like so much fun, fall is one of my favorites.

The Boulter Family said...

Hey Miss Katie,
The Halloween party as of right now is scheduled for Saturday October 25th at 7:00 p.m.; open house. I will get your invitation in the mail by tomorrow. I hope this will not interfere with the party your cousin is having. We did not want to schedule it on the 31st because we know people have other obligations; like taking the kids out to trick or treat and are home to pass out candy.
It has been interesting ….we about called it off because Steven will not be able to make it back from Baker in time to be here for the party! It has been raining none stop and has not been dry enough to cut the third crop of alfalfa. He has promised Dad he would stay and help with this. So I was feeling all upset about that. Well Jessica will not let me get away without having a Halloween party. She has been on my case and I can feel her so much telling me to keep the tradition alive; that is how she wants it.
I am so excited to see you at the party! It is only three weeks away! That time is going to go so fast!

The Boulter Family said...

Hey quick question do you think if I invited Dan and Crystal Skrivner they could possibly attend? I know they live a long ways away so I don't know if they could.
Robert and Dan were in the same mission and in the MTC together. It is so crazy how small the LDS world can be!

The Boulter Family said...

Oh great I am probably leaving too many comments. I am some what of a scatter brain today!
I know you have given me your address before but please for a girl that can't seem to get organized enough to save it where I can find it again....will you pretty please give it to me one more time! :) Thank you

Kimberly said...

So cute! Ami can count to ten in Tongan too; we're still working on English...lol. They're just such sponges at this age, soaking up everything!