Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Name is Jonas!!

(and that has NOTHING to do with the Jonas Brothers!!)

Last night I got to go see my favorite band, Weezer - one of the Best times I've ever had!! -- They put on an Amazing show!!...Played a ton of songs from across all their albums--and much to my delight they started on the Blue album & ended on the Blue album (my favorite)... Starting with Jonas & ending with Buddy Holly.

It was my birthday present to myself :D -- and a perfect one cause I'm a child of the 90's (graduated in 1998) & have always loved Weezer... Annnd, I'm almost 29 so I wanted to have some fun as a 20-something year old still. (help buffer my almost 30 crisis).

Tommy drove up to go with me (Nase's out of town)--we had a great time since he also really likes Weezer--And Angels and Airwaves, who were also there--and also put on a really good show. --More his fav than mine; but I do like them--they're on my ipod ..(They are a break off of Blink 182--also a 90's band)

We had really good seats--but through a twist of luck, where our seats were taken; security let us go down to the floor before Weezer went on--SO much better than sitting...we were close to the band and could jump & dance & sing our lungs out. --Tommy went in the mosh pit once (not that Weezer's even really a moshing band) ...and he lost his shoe & almost got knocked out looking for it... Yeah, OK--I WILL claim to be Too old for that!

I was so impressed and pleased at how Clean Weezer kept it (Tom Delong of A&A has a total potty mouth--not a big surprise) ...But Weezer was very classy--Rivers (lead singer) even at one point after putting on his head mic for a sound check said "If you can hear me say, Heck Yeah!" --Utah loves you!! :)

Well, they totally rocked & sounded amazing live in their dorky 90's jogging suits (perfect - Weezer's known for being nerdy on purpose...in style, but not music) ...and they were great with the crowd -- LOVED IT!! :)

6 comments:

The Boulter Family said...

Oh man Katie I am so jealous!!  That is way cool you got to go to Weezer! What a wonderful birthday present to yourself. You go girl!! That is so neat that you guys got to go up front where all the action is. Don’t you love those twist of fates “aka” LUCKY DUCKY! It sound s like you had a great time and it was fun that your brother could join you. Oh being a 90’s girl is the best, good music! However I have to admit that I am a big eighties fan as well.
Thank you for sending me your address. I put your invite in the mail box so it should be getting to your house soon. I spent way too much time cutting the dumb little invites out; oh well they are way cute. Next year simplify a reminder to me. Jessica always had everything so organized and had the best ideas.
There is one more thing I need to get from you please!!!! I would like your parents address. Regardless if they come or not we have sent an invite to them as long as we have known you guys. It is tradition. Oh how would I let Annie know she is invited? Does she have an address?
Well take care you young still in your twenties girl! I have one more little favor……..if you have time. I am going to put together a play list of music for the Halloween party and so I would love your expertise and input. Please if you can list your favorites and I will include them in the play list! Thank you so much Katie for everything. I can’t wait to see you guys.

The TAUFA'S said...

Sounds like lots of fun. Don't worry 30 isn't all that big of a deal.

The Boulter Family said...

Katie you are so awesome!! Thank you for always being so prompt and responding to questions I ask. Thanks for your parents address. Thank you for accepting the task of gathering some of your favorite songs. Jessie was always in charge of music and so I am glad you can be kind of like my sister in proxy! Thank you for offering your help you are very thoughtful!
Pumpkin patch and a school Halloween party! Oh it sounds like so much fun. I am excited for you. I can hardly wait to do that kind of stuff. I hope you take a bunch of pictures if you can and then post them on your blog, please!

katy said...

How fun! I haven't heard much of Weezer for awhile....it reminds me of Ricks and Mark Bates for some reason. :) That is a WAY fun birthday present to yourself! I know what you mean about being near-30, but it probably isn't so bad as it seems! Hopefully, anyway!

Becca said...

Glad you had fun. I love Weezer. Their songs are awesome to sing along to.

The Boulter Family said...

All right you got your box!!!! I am impressed they told me at the post office it would not get there until Tuesday. I was trying to have it arrive closer to your birthday because I know as well how hard it is to not just open it right away. If you just can’t stand it go ahead and open it; I don’t care it is your package! Happy Happy Bitrthday Katie dear! I have to admit that there is one little thing I forgot and you will quickly figure out what is missing. I will just give it to you when you come to the Halloween party!
Thank you for sending all those Halloween songs! That was very helpful and I appreciate this greatly. THANK YOU!!!! Good music is so important for a party!
Well I have been occupied these past couple of days but not with Halloween. Mom had surgery on Friday; so I have been taking care of her. She has been staying with me so I can make sure she is getting her medicine, meals and lots of rest.
Today however I went to pick some pumpkins out while Mom took a nap and before the football game started. It was extremely cold and the wind was blowing which makes it worst! I don’t think Robert or Charlie enjoyed the pumpkin patch, being that it was so cold. Hey I liked it; there were not a million people. The only thing that was annoying is how much they want for pumpkins. It is just ridiculous. Next year I hope to grow my own!